On this episode we talk about founding a local food truck community, expanding from one truck to two, and the day to day management of your commissary kitchen with Hoss Loaded Burgers
In this episode we discuss:
- Taking a concept from somewhere else and introducing it to the market.
- The perfect cheeseburger
- Working in restaurants at lower levels to owning a food truck.
- What the first days on the food truck were like.
- Starting the food truck community in your area.
- What a day of prep and planning looks like
- Asking the right questions of venue coordinators to plan for demand
- Keeping accurate sales records
- Going door to door asking for permission to park.
- Sourcing local ingredients to provide the highest quality dish.
- Farm to truck movement
- How key local relationships are to success.
- Dealing with the health department.
- How a commissary works.
- How a pop up is the logical first step to getting involved in the food business.