How Do You Differentiate Yourself In A Populated Market? On this episode, I speak to Gregory Ferrari from Black Eye Coffee on coffee “nerdness”, trusting employees , and how theatre plays an important role in the hospitality industry.
On this episode, we discuss:
- Why local government websites as a good place to begin to learn about your market.
- How to try and find the next big hot spot in your community before the competition does.
- Don’t be a jack of all trades. Be able to let go of one aspect if it fits another’s strengths more closely than yours.
- How crucial it is to trust your employees and empower them
- Becoming addicted to being your own boss.
- Taking lessons from Japan on how to create great coffee and turn it into an experience.
- Coffee Nerdness and the different “waves” of coffee shops.
- The awesome visual aspect of making coffee.
- Importance of emergency finance planning.